From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete the content of an array

Hi,

i fill like in the excample below data into arrays. If I stop this VI and start it again, the data from the firt start are still in this array. Why? It is possible to delete the data infront of the first While-Loop?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,276 Views)

Hi,

i've looked at your codes and they do not make sense to me... you have two while loops without stating the condition to stop... how does the control add the value into the build array?? through each iteration?? sorry, i really cant guess the code's objective and function... as for clearing array, i would recommend you to use Shift Registers properly...

anyway, i got an example on how to clear an array based on a button... the array is cleared everytime the button is false... hope it helps you... Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,

JQ

LV 8.0 user...
Message 2 of 3
(2,270 Views)
Hi heelklick,

The code you have submitted must be part of a larger VI since it has obvious parts missing such as the array indicator you are referring to. I have added some indicators to your code and have implemented the solution that I think you are looking for; a Local Variable that resets the array indicator before the loop runs:

A Local Variable is recommended when you have to write data to an indicator outside of the dataflow or when you want to programmatically write to a control.

Let me know if you still have questions!

Message Edited by Philip Courtois on 01-09-2007 12:59 PM

- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,260 Views)