From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete plots from waveform graph

Hi arnemad,

I wanted to let you know that this issue with the legends when resizing the number plots has been reported to R&D via CAR #190885 so that it can be fixed in future versions of the software. I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue causes and I hope that your development is not seriously hindered. 

Regards,

James D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 21 of 32
(4,837 Views)

+1 for a fix. 

I've got lots of extra plots that do nothing and won't go away.  A manual delete would be nice. 

I'm also seeing labview crash when creating cursors- not sure if it's related.

Message 22 of 32
(4,710 Views)

I'm having the same problem - I want to manually AND programmatically delete plots from the legend, otherwise it gets very full and useless.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(4,661 Views)

Nicholas,

Unfortunately not possible to delete the plots from the plot legend at this time. The only work around is to manually delete the graph and add a new one in it's place.

Below you'll find a link to the NI Idea Exchange page that describes the wanted ability to delete plots from the plot legend on graphs and charts. The way the Idea Exchange works is that the developers monitor the forum and will try and implement the idea(s) with the highest amounts of kudos in subsequent releases of LabVIEW. I'd highly suggest logging in to this post and giving it a kudo, if not a comment or two about how useful a feature this would be. 

- NI Idea Exchange: Provide method to delete plot names from all graphs, charts, etc. 
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Provide-method-to-delete-plot-names-from-all-graphs-ch...

dK
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(4,639 Views)

Hi Guys,

I was having the same problem. I discovered that setting the Legend->Plot Minimum property effectively does what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Message 25 of 32
(4,581 Views)

A bit late but.....

I had the same issue, I just changed the name to "-" and now it's gone.

/Lars

Message 26 of 32
(4,463 Views)

Hi Lars,

sorry this is not correct. You did not deleted the (last) plot, you only "renamed" it to a separator (at least w/ LabVIEW 2012, 2013 etc.).

Best regards Peter

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(4,178 Views)

Kudos!  I know this post is from 2023, but wanted to Reply anyway.

This worked for me.  So, thanks - Jon!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(3,378 Views)

@GretchenSkellyZimmer wrote:

Kudos!  I know this post is from 2023, but wanted to Reply anyway.

This worked for me.  So, thanks - Jon!

Add me to the list people that are freaked out by that reply.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(3,375 Views)

Oops, slip of the keyboard - meant 2013

Message 30 of 32
(3,367 Views)