LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete from array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. Can someone tell me how to remove negative values from a 1d array? Im really new here please be slow. thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,043 Views)

Hmmm, sounds like homework so I have to ask the obvious:  What have you tried so far???  (Show us da codez!)

HINT: Auto-index into a for loop, do something in the loop, and auto index back out...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,036 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author richard123

Use the Array function palette (Hint: the function is called "Delete from Array"). When you find a negative number, delete it. The Comparison palette is also really useful for teasing out particular charistics of numbers (i.e., if they are negative).

The LabVIEW Help screens want to be your friends. Use them. If they do not provide enough information, go through the LabVIEW tutorials on the NI website to get started with the language. It will be a lot faster for you than asking someone to lead you from the start of a project to the finish, because the response time on these forums cannot be predicted (especially at night).

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,031 Views)