LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete excel table column

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an excel templpate that contains a table that is already formatted with lots of formulas and colroed celss, etc.  Depending on the query that I run with labview, I produce a data result that is exported to excel and then I want to resize teh excel table to fit the data.  I want to resize a table with activex commands in labview.  How do I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,892 Views)

Your question doesn't quite match the Subject of your thread, but anyway, what do you mean "resize the table?" By its very nature, Excel is a borderless table.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,888 Views)

In Excel 2007+ there is a table object that can be resized by manually selecting the table and going to the table tools>design tab to change its dimensions...

After I write my data I would like to programmatically resize the table width in my template file once populated to the same size as the data written into it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,886 Views)

the table object in excel iks what I am talking about specifically.  It is on the level as a range in the app but I dont see it in the activeX breakdown

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,874 Views)

@id wrote:

I have an excel templpate that contains a table that is already formatted with lots of formulas and colroed celss, etc.  Depending on the query that I run with labview, I produce a data result that is exported to excel and then I want to resize teh excel table to fit the data.  I want to resize a table with activex commands in labview.  How do I do this?

If your table contains lot of formulas you might end up with invalid references if you delete and shift columns.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,870 Views)

I dont have fomrulas other than conditional formatiing colring the cells if they match a certain string.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,866 Views)

@id wrote:

the table object in excel iks what I am talking about specifically.  It is on the level as a range in the app but I dont see it in the activeX breakdown

I'm not sure why you are asking about the Excel ActiveX Object Model on a LabVIEW forum. You're better off asking about that on a Microsoft Excel forum. Once you know the proper Excel properies/methods to use, then you can do the same thing in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,809 Views)

@id wrote:

There is not "table" object in Excel object model   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb149081%28v=office.12%29.

What the heck are you talking about?????

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,805 Views)

Please see attached excel worksheet to see the table that I am asking about.  It has a simple table but explains what I need to do in comments below it....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,797 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

@id wrote:

Please see attached excel worksheet to see the table that I am asking about.  It has a simple table but explains what I need to do in comments below it....

You may think it is a table, but in the Excel Object Model, there isn't such thing as a "Table".

If it isn't there, you can't manipulate it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,794 Views)