LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay value

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to compare the value of a variable with the value of the same variable 10 seconds before.

What is the best way to obtain the value of that variable 10 seconds before without any waiting time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,894 Views)

Previous values are not stored in LabVIEW automatically. You have to tell it to store the value and recover it yourself when you need it.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,879 Views)

How often does the value change?

You need to keep track of 10s worth of data. This could be a single point if you record at 0.1Hz or millions of points if you record very fast. Can you tell us a little more about your application?

Typically you would maintain the history in a shift register.

I don't understand what you mean by waiting time? Please explain. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,867 Views)

The easy way to do this is get the value from the variable then put a Wait and then get the value from the variable again but in this case the comparation have a waiting time (from the Wait funtion) so is not done imediatly...

Note that the 10s. is also a variable and can be any value...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,845 Views)

Hi,

can you post the vi? This would make it way easier to see what you are talking about.

Regards

Florian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,834 Views)

Hi IDILIO,

"so is not done imediatly"

When you get the variable's value the second time you can compare immediatly - as you compare with a already stored older value...

It seems you're using local variables to reach your goal. You should know LabVIEW uses wires to store values!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,832 Views)

Hi,

Attached VI is an imagination of what is understood by me on comparison of delay value.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,815 Views)

See attached Example.vi

What I want is compare the value actually in the screen (on indicator "Value") with the value that was on that indicator 10s. (delay control) before.

With this vi I cannot show the result for every values in the Value (the comparation is done only for one value every 10s.) and the result is showed 10s. after I want.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,813 Views)

NaruF1,

Can you please post this .vi compatible with version 8.20?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,812 Views)

Hi IDILIO,

when you want to compare the current value with a value in the past and with a variable delay you have to create a history of your values.

As shown in your example I would create an array of values (like a ringbuffer). Now you would be able to compare the current value with each value in that buffer...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,801 Views)