LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay between x and y could be problem?

Hi all..
I want to plot a XY graph as my program is running. Lets say I have 2 numeric data out from my Vi s which are produced constantly with a certain time interwal. I  entitle one of them as x while other one is y. and every time when I have a x value and y value, i want to plot it as one point (y value corresponding that x value), for that aim it seems XY graph func. is the best. But I have the problem that there s a delay between my x nad values. For instance sometimes first x values is generated after x and vice versa. That could be a invisible inconsistence for the graph?
Besides should I place the graph outside of the loop or in? the loop is the main Vi.
p.s: More namely, i intend to draw a hysteresis loop..
thanks
using LV7.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,037 Views)

You don't understand dataflow. It doesn't matter if there is a delay between getting the x or y value. The graph cannot update until both values are available.

The XY graph requires an x array and a y array. It's not designed for point by point updates like the chart is. You can however, use a shift register and a build array function to update an XY Graph inside a loop. There is also a shipping example called XY Chart. It uses a buffer with a history to make an XY graph behave like a chart. So, whether you update the graph as data is acquired or after, is realy up to how you want to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,025 Views)