From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defer panel updates doesnt work

Hello,

I am filling a tree control on the front panel of my main VI, which is wuite time consuming.

Before strting filling it, I set the DeferPanelUpdates property of the front panel to TRUE. After filling i reset it to FALSE.

In between I do some updates on the front panel through the property nodes of other controls -> and they will be updated while DeferPanelUpdates is FALSE! This, and the filling of the tree control happens in a subVI of the main VI. I disable the panel updates on the right one, on the main VI.

Is it a normal behaviour?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,310 Views)

This is not normal behavior and I suspect a bug in your code.  Post it if you can. 

EDIT:  I just re-read your post.  You said you are using a SubVI to do the work.  Is the defer updates also in the subVI?  where is that property getting the reference to your main VI from?  If you don't wire one it will default to the VI it is in.  So it will defer updates to the subVI and not the main VI that you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,270 Views)

I have observed that the tree control can become corrupted/buggy, so if someone else is experiencing slow updates of this type of control it might be related to this. I created a post about that here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,622 Views)