LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default graph formatting changed when property node created

I have 16 graphs, all separate objects (no stacked plots, etc) in my VI, for collecting and displaying data from 16 channels.
I am programatically setting the min and max of the Y-scale with property nodes.  The x-scale is allowed to autoscale.

I had gone through each of these 16 graphs and formatted the x-axis so that it is set to: floating point, 3 sig figs.
When I went through and created the property nodes, the default formatting changed everytime, for all graphs.
For example, when I created a property node for graph 1, all graphs had their x-axis reset to: autmomatic formatting, 6 sig figs.

So, I had to go through and change all the formatting again...not a huge deal, but kind of a nuisance.

More to the point, why does the default formatting on the graphs change when a property node is created? I s there a way to stop this from happening? Any thoughts?...1I'd love to be enlightened?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,403 Views)

I'm not exactly sure why they all changed, but it probibly has to do with default values of property nodes.

Having said all that, there are properties for setting the the format and precision of graphs. Using them is the best way to make sure the settings stay set for what you want.

Mike...

(whoo, whoo! I even know what a sig fig is without asking! Smiley Very Happy  )

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,395 Views)
I have not seen this behavior and cannot reproduce it. Can you post an example VI that might demonstrate this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,394 Views)

Are you setting the active plot before setting the property?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,391 Views)

Disregard my last.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,388 Views)