LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deconvolution

I have a quick question about the deconvolution VI. Would X*Y be my raw signal built of amplitude and time and the Y input of the function be just amplitudes?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,903 Views)

@reggie2016 wrote:

I have a quick question about the deconvolution VI. Would X*Y be my raw signal built of amplitude and time and the Y input of the function be just amplitudes?

No. Makes absolutely no sense!

What does the signal represent and what are you trying to analyze using deconvolution? What should the deconvolution output tell you?

Both inputs are 1D arrays in your case so how exactly are you trying to bring "amplitude and time" into one of them?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,893 Views)

ugh this is super frustrating. The signal represents square waves in a saline solution. The output should tell me a certain time at which the electrode is active. This will eventually be used for cardiac tissue. This is my first time using deconvolution or even hearing about it. So im learning as I go. Im just confused on what I need to run this function. The example has 2D arrays going into it so i was going to try to follow along that path.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,890 Views)

Deconvolution is the wrong function for that. (In certain fields the term "decovolution" is abused to mean a generic analysis. Who suggested to use "deconvolution"? Do you have a reference link describing the analysis you are trying to do?). Deconvolution in LabVIEW is a division in the fourier domain and I don't see how it can tell you anything about time of activity.

Obvously this is not a LabVIEW problem but a math issue. Can you explain in detail how the signal looks like and what you are trying to read out of it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,874 Views)

It may be. The article that suggested using deconvolution did not explain how they did it.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/94/10/2633

I am trying to do something similar to this article. Right now I am using peak detector to find activation times. Sometimes this method is not very accurate, so I am looking for a more accurate way to do that. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,860 Views)

OK, yes they are using deconvolution. Posting by phone, cannot look at details.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,844 Views)

yes they dont really explain the details which makes this harder.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,835 Views)