LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decompiling a program

Interesting, I'll give that a try. We are writing a new program with new hardware and file formats. The program controls a centrifuge through a serial port and all I really want to see is the serial protocol. The centrifuge manual has some of the commands but the LV program does some things that aren't covered in the manual. For example, the manual has a command for reading the speed, but nothing to set the speed, yet the current program does set the speed.

The lab is practically shut down till first, so I'll have to wait till then.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(977 Views)

Well, as stated, you still won't be able to see the code if it was removed. For most VIs, FPs are also removed by default, so you probably won't be able to run those either.

If you can't find the full documentation for the protocol, you will probably be better off using a serial sniffer (something like PortMon or even a physical device) to monitor the traffic for those specific commands and replies while the EXE is running. This should be easier than trying to take apart the EXE.

The serial port sniffer was kind of a last resort option but it may come to that. After the first I want to get the model and serial number of the centrifuge and contact the manufacturer to see if they don't have some more documentation.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(957 Views)