LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging problem

Hi.
Once I stepped into a program and/or I set a breakpoint there, labview always stops at the beginning of the VI (SubVI) and waits for pressing the "run without pausing" Button. But If I have no breakpoint there I don't want LV to stop at entering the VI (SubVI). How can I change that? I don't want to change the VI Properties (Allow Debugging)everytime. Is that possible at all?
ANDY
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,667 Views)
I have seen something like this in one of the older versions of LV. Break points can get set and somehow not be removed. The newer versions show breakpoints better so that they can be removed. I don't recall how I resolved the issue, but I think there was a "Remove all breakpoints" option somewhere.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,666 Views)
HI Lynn!
Thanks for your input. In my case there are no more breakpoints at all. It just stops right at entering a (SUB)VI. But only after this VI was debugged before. But I don't want the program to halt everywhere I've ever had a breakpoint and removed this one.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,666 Views)
For the VI that is stopping, open VI Properties>Execution and make sure Suspend When Called is not set. In the main VI, right click the subVI and select SubVI Node Setup. Make sure it's not checked there either.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,666 Views)
Hi Dennis,

I checked the things you were suggesting but none of the properties have been set or checked. The sub VIs stop even if those properties are for sure not enabled or checked but only if it was debugged before. If not it performes as usual without stopping. After I have debugged a SubVI I can only get back to normal execution if I Exit LV completely and after that reload the VIs again.
Could it be that my LV Installation is not properly working anymore?
Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,666 Views)
Hi,

If a breakpoint is encountered, the vi is paused. When the vi is runned
again, sometimes it is still in pause mode from the last run (I fall for
this every time, e.g. when you stop the vi when a breakpoint is encounterd).

You can check this with the pause button, that is red when it's on. You'll
have to switch it off before running the vi (or after you stop the vi).

Regards,

Wiebe.

"AndyBE" wrote in message
news:506500000008000000D3F90000-1079395200000@exchange.ni.com...
> Hi.
> Once I stepped into a program and/or I set a breakpoint there, labview
> always stops at the beginning of the VI (SubVI) and waits for pressing
> the "run without pausing" Button. But If I have no breakpoint there I
> don't want LV to stop at entering the VI
(SubVI). How can I change
> that? I don't want to change the VI Properties (Allow
> Debugging)everytime. Is that possible at all?
> ANDY
Message 6 of 6
(2,666 Views)