From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

db toolkit and remote sql server

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application that creates a table and inserts entries to the table (~15 fields of strings and numbers), this works correctly when talking to a local sql server express from labview and the db toolkit.  I connect with a udl file on windows7 64bit.  I am now trying to connect to a main database over the network, I got the udl file to work and connect fine but my query fails (probably creating the table)  the error code has not been defined.  Anyone have suggestions on debugging.  I assume that sql server and express should act the same, could this be a permissions or timeout?

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,131 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author falkpl

If I had to guess, I would guess that the login does not have the correct permissions on the remote DB, although I would expect that you would get a recognizable error with that. That should be relatively easy to find out by logging into the remote DB with that login using another program (such as Access or Management Studio) and running the same operations.

Even if the error code appears as undefined, you can try searching for it online and see if other people ran into it. Be aware that some error codes are shared by different applications, so be sure you're looking at the right results.

It would also help to find out exactly where the error is generated, which should help you more in finding the reason.

(4,121 Views)

Hi everybody,

I am trying to connect to an acess database remotly using the LabVIEW database toolkit but I cannot find where should I enter the path to the database in the remote computer, I used  UDL within LabVIEW by going to Tools » Create Data Link.

can anyone please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,065 Views)

I am not an expert on Access, but I'm pretty sure you can't access it remotely. I believe you need to have a path to the MDB file. In the dialog that opens when you select that option you should have a "Jet" option, which should then allow you to point to the MDB file.

If that doesn't help, search Google for how to build connection strings for Access.

If you still need to connect to the DB remotely, you might need to convert the DB to run on SQL Server.

(4,061 Views)

I see this thread has come back up.  tst was correct that it was a permissions issue.  The client fixed the permissions and all is now functional.

As for access, I nolonger use assess and use sqlServer (express is free), and find it much easier to use from labview, access was becomming difficult to connect to.  The jet engine is not used in 64-bit OS and was replaces with ACE,  it got confusing and I made the switch to SQLserver.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,056 Views)

I thank you so much. So if I must use SQL Server what shoud I do

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,050 Views)

hello

i have a to connect a data base on wampserver with labview the show me the following message

L'erreur -2147467259 s'est produite à : Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified dans ADO Connection Open.vi->pr1.vi

please help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,751 Views)

I have attached a KnowledgeBase article below that I believe will help solve the issue. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E7984C0DA0F0E65086257694005B4CB7

For future reference, I would recommend creating a new discussion post, as this one has been retired and is no longer receiving the same amount of traffic.

All the best!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,726 Views)

hello

i have to connect a data base on wampserver with labview.

pls help me.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,200 Views)