cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datatypes missing when using a pre-defined setup file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

I recently installed Labview signal express 2011 including the sound and vibration assistant. I recieved a pre-defined file for setting up the hardware I have but when I open the setup file (a Labview project file) I recieve a following message:

Installed components version are not compatible with the version of the LabView signal express 2012. Please install the latest version of the following:

"SV express datatypes"

I don't have Labview signal express 2012 so I don't understand why this fault pops up. I am also having difficulties locating the mentioned software

Please advise

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,450 Views)

Hi Yogev_sharvit,

What piece of hardware is it that you are trying to configure? When did you purchase the hardware? Can you open Signal Express and use the Sound and Vibration tools correctly? Does the piece of hardware appear correctly in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)? Were you made aware of what the pre-defined file was meant to configure for the device?

If the files included in the pre-defined file were written to work with Signal Express or Sound and Vibration Assistant 2012, it will need to be back-saved to 2011 in order to operate correctly.

Ben R.
Aerospace & Defense Test
Solutions Marketer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,418 Views)

Hi Ben,

I'm trying to configure the NI 9234 (interface to laptop is NI USB-9162) unit connected to a microphone, vibration sensor and a connection to a on-board vibration sensor (part of the aircraft)
This came in a SAGE technologies sound & vibration system kit.
The signal and sound tool works (I managed to configure the microphone and record the inputs)
Hardware appears correctly in the MAX

The pre-defined file was meant to configure the sensors I mentioned above (microphone, vibration sensor and on board vibration sensor).
I don't know if the files were supposed to work with the 2012 version of the software. The guy that assembled the kit told me to follow the instructions in a doc file he send and the system would work - I did what the instructions said and got the error message.
Is there anyway I can update to the mentioned SV express data types without undating the SV express version?
I've attached the pre-defined file I was given, perhaps you can make more of it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yogev_sharvit

Hi Yogev_sharvit,

There is not a way to back save the files to a previous version of Sound and Vibration Assistant. I would encourage you to contact SAGE, who was the source of the files, and find out if they have a 2011 version available. Otherwise, it may be necessary to configure the steps of the assistant. I have included a screenshot of the opened file below. Unfortunately this does not shed as much light on the individual steps as one would like.

Ben R.
Aerospace & Defense Test
Solutions Marketer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,387 Views)