LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasocket api documentation

Where do I find the documentation for using the datasocket APIs from a C program.

PS - I am planning on using this C program on Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,663 Views)

Randy,

See the link below for documentation on the DataSocket Library:

DataSocket Library - NI LabWindows™/CVI™ 2009 Help
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051P-01/TOC163.htm

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,651 Views)

Two more questions:

1.  The overview says" The functions in the DataSocket Library are not supported on Linux."  is that true - the datasocket API is not available on Linux?  That seems like a big deficiency!

2.  Where is the documentation for how to use these functions, this is only a reference manual.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,635 Views)

Randy,

As far as I know, the Datasocket Library is packaged with LabWindows/CVI which at the moment has limited functionality with Linux as seen in the link below.  There is hope for more functionality in the future however.  As well, there is more documentation on the Datasocket functions in the CVI help documentation.  Do you have this software?

LabWindows/CVI Version Comparison Matrix - Developer Zone
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7995

If you have LabVIEW, you can build a LabVIEW application on Linux that will take advantage of the Datasocket API to communicate through that interface.

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,602 Views)

I see nothing in that matrix that says anything about the datasocket api library.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,598 Views)

I don't want to build a Labview application that uses datasockets on Linux, I want to use the datasocket api library in Linux.

i.e. Write a "c" program using the datasocket api library to send data to a datasocket server.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,597 Views)

Randy,

After looking into this a little more the DataSocket API is only available through LabWindows/CVI.  LabWindows/CVI has limited functionality on Linux and the DataSocket API is not supported on Linux.  The matrix found at the link references the support for linux applications added as of LabVIEW 8.0 and not updated since.

Best,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,577 Views)