LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database toolkit open conn catastrophic error second time

Hello,

I have a problem opening an accdb with database toolkit the second time I try to open the database.

Error: ADO error catastrophic x8000FFFF (something wrong with the database cursor?)

See attached vi for code.

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,929 Views)

Are you asking about the second time you open access the DB OR are ou saying the attached code fials the second time you run it?

If it is the former, are you closing the connection and trying to re-use a closed reference?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,922 Views)

Hey Ben,

it is not only the former, it is both. As You can see in the code, I open the database, I execute queries, and I closes the connection. The second time, the open fails with ADO error x8000FFFF (catastrophic error).

As I googled, I found Microsoft commented on a same issue with SQL database, commenting something about the cursor of the database.

Regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,891 Views)

Have you watched the code you posted run in Execution Highlighting(turn on the light bulb) mode?

What part works and what happens between when it works and when it fails?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,886 Views)

Hey Ben,

yes I did. First time, everything OK, second time, Error as described (catastrophic x8000FFFF) after DB Tools Open Connection.

When I only Open & Close (without the Execute & Free), everything works fine.

I'm using ODBC v16 (MS Access /Office 2016).

I'm assuming and thinking (90% or more sure) that all works fine with MSAccess 2007.

I already posted the more or less the same issue (using labSQL i.s.o. Toolkit on a MSAccess 2016 redistributable installed PC giving error x80004005) on the MSDN forum.

regards,

Koen.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,880 Views)

I had this same issue running LabVIEW 2017 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, and Office 32-bit.

My solution was to clean install the AccessDatabaseEngine.exe for 32-bit.

Seems to run perfect now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,049 Views)