LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database connectivity toolkit: problem with express databases?

Hello everybody,

I have a problem using the database connectivity toolkit with a Microsoft SQL databse:

At first, I had an installation of a full version of a Microsoft SQL 2008 Server. On this server, I developed some stored procedures that I could start using my LabVIEW program. Everything worked fine.

Now I've moved the database to a Microsoft SQL 2012 Express Server. Using the same stored procedures, I don't get a result in LabVIEW anymore. When I run the procedures directly on the database, I get the results as expected.

Are there any problems using the database connectivity toolkit on an express server?

btw: I ust LabVIEW 2013 32 Bit

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,613 Views)

How do you setup the connection to the database, does it have the same name? Have you changed the ODBC setup?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,587 Views)

I use the same connection for both procedures ... they are stored in the same database.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,555 Views)

The connection to the database works properly. There are other stored procedures in the database that work as expected.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,552 Views)

It's the same SQL language, so if you manage to setup the connection it should work fine, do you get any error returned?

Some functionality is limited in SQL express (as functions requiring generating a script and running it), but to my knowledge running stored procedures is not one of them.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,547 Views)

No I don't get any errors.

Today we tested the procedures on a SQL 2014 Server (full version) ... there the procedure also didn't work. So it seems not to be an issue of limitations on the express server.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,540 Views)

Nice catch! The question then becomes; what do the procedure do that's using too old commands? (What does it do in general?)

If it's not working in either 2013 or 2014 you should get an error when running it in the sql manager, no?

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,532 Views)

In general, I don't get any Errors, neither in the sql management studio nor in LabVIEW. When I run the procedure in sql management studio it works as expected ... no matter, what version I use or if I use a full or express version.

What the procedure should do: get values from a few tables to a temporary table, then create a pivot table of these values and return the pivot table.

I also tried to replace the temporary table with a real table ... also didn't work in LabVIEW. It seems that the second select statement (where I take the values from the pivot table to return them to LabVIEW) doesn't work with the databse connectivity toolkit ... maybe the data is returned divided in packages?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,512 Views)