cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database SELECT SYNTAX

Solved!
Go to solution

hello

I have a VI made with DB connectivity toolkit.  On it, I am using a DB tool select data.  I am trying to read a specific data from a table using a SQL query (in condition).  Well, when a using the sentence

SELECT id FROM SensoresIR1 WHERE id=36151

labview give me a error:

Possible reason(s):
ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.1.36-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT id FROM SensoresIR1 WHERE id=36151' at line 1 in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Select Data.vi->interfaz1.vi

Possible reason(s):ADO Error: 0x80040E14Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.1.36-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT id FROM SensoresIR1 WHERE id=36151' at line 1 in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Select Data.vi->interfaz1.vi

can you help me?

Carlos Bolvaran

Vesat Ingenieria

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(7,335 Views)

It appears you are querying the table SensoresIR1 for the 'id' that you already know.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,329 Views)

Hello!

I put 36151 just to simplify the ask.  I need to read the last data from the SensoresIR1 table, but the syntax for the query SELECT doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(7,325 Views)

What is the name of the last field in the table?

Your query should be something like:

SELECT LastField FROM SensoresIR1 WHERE id=36151

LastField would be replaced with the name of the field as defined in the database...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(7,321 Views)

The table has data from a sensor that measures open or close.  SensoresIR1 has the fields: id-time-timeint-measure-norm-period.  The only field that identify a certain data is id.

id is a autonumeric field, so I dont know what is the last number for id, but I known that it is the maximun value for id or, like you say, the last field.

I will try with your sentence

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(7,318 Views)

What's the data type for your id column?

You say you don't know the last id but then you are specifying an id and assuming that is the last entry?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(7,311 Views)

In mysql database, id is autonumeric.  In labview I assume that it is variant.  When I use 36151 here is for simplify the question.

Now,  I have used the syntax 

where id=(SELECT MAX(id) FROM SensoresIR1) in condition field on DB tool select data VI, and my VI work.

Can the syntax be different for different versions of ODBC conector?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(7,308 Views)

Try this:

SELECT * FROM SensoresIR1 ORDER BY id DESC;

This will return all fields, order by id in descending order.

If you want to limit number of returned rows do this

SELECT * FROM SensoresIR1 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10;

and if you want to select only few columns

SELECT col1, col2 FROM SensoresIR1 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10;

and finally if you want to rename returned columns to something better looking :

SELECT col1 AS "COLUMN 1" FROM SensoresID1 ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10;

Mariusz

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(7,292 Views)

Assuming that your table is a simple one (not a stored procedure, no triggers or other customization), you can usually use a special query to retreive the IDENTITY 

SELECT @@IDENTITY

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(7,285 Views)

Don't know what happened to my post, it should have had an additional sentence above 

If you have just added the data to the table using LabVIEW and want to return the id number in order to create records in a linked table, there are various ways to query (as shown by nomade42k and Mareiusz).

Assuming that your table is a simple one (not a stored procedure, no triggers or other customization), you can usually use a special query to retreive the IDENTITY 

SELECT @@IDENTITY

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(7,278 Views)