From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data type problem

hi..i need help. now im doing my final sem project. that i have to do simulation using math block.but there is error on my data type.because i am the begginer user of labview, i lack in knowledge to used labview.can someone help me find the solution..i really need it ASAP.here i attach my project

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,890 Views)

The only errors I see are missing subvi errors.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,885 Views)

This code looks quite ridiculous. There are many type coercions (e.g. why is the output of Ikp.vi EXT? What up with the "2D array...to dynamic...to string..to array of strings"? What kind of output do you expect from it?)

Can you attach all the missing subVIs and explain what the program is supposed to do. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,876 Views)

@minion-  really....

Spoiler
Love ya dude but, ddt is a clue

Yes, there are errors in how you are handleing the arrays.  specifically you are changing array dimention fraudelently via going to-from Dynamic data type at least twice. 

See if you can get rid of those to-from DDTs and drop a few comments on the block diagram so we can better understand what you are trying to do.  A number of the compound math functions operate "suspeciously" on the data but, again there is no real way to read what that data is expected to be from what you provided.  It seams like fairly basic math that could be explained easilly and would take just a bit of pointing to the correct help file explaination on what you missunderstood to help you fix.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,873 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@minion-  really....

Spoiler
Love ya dude but, ddt is a clue

Yes, there are errors in how you are handleing the arrays.  specifically you are changing array dimention fraudelently via going to-from Dynamic data type at least twice. 

See if you can get rid of those to-from DDTs and drop a few comments on the block diagram so we can better understand what you are trying to do.  A number of the compound math functions operate "suspeciously" on the data but, again there is no real way to read what that data is expected to be from what you provided.  It seams like fairly basic math that could be explained easilly and would take just a bit of pointing to the correct help file explaination on what you missunderstood to help you fix.

I thought this was the original code, not the "fixed" version.  I thought it was rather strange that he was talking about data type issues when I didn't see any error.  Usually when they talk about bad data types they leave the x'd out wires in.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,866 Views)

That is why I called your attention to the ddts.Smiley Wink

Dynamic data type can be useful... but you really need to understand what the underlying type of data is before just tossing in a few coersions.  You can confuse yourself this waySmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,840 Views)

It is very difficult to understand how a 2D DBL array can turn into a F(x,t)  string for the solver. This entire thing makes no sense at all.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,830 Views)

im sorry because it was unclear..i just change the integral block.actually i cant understand how do i can get the output waveform from this all equation i made.i should have result like the expected result image i attach.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,775 Views)

Do you have a website showing the model equation?

Your code makes absolutely no sense to me. All you get is a single point on your graph, nothing else.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,752 Views)

The VI is called action potential, so I am guessing that this is an attempt to model the behavior of a neuron. The code vaguely resembles some of the models in a forty-year-old textbook on Bioelectric Phenomena which I have handy. Too vague to be of any use except for speculation. The code is vague; the textbook is fine.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,738 Views)