From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data lost

I acquired measurment data continuously from three different measurement ( Serial and DAq). The program works fine but some time igot ununderstandable data and the indicator shows zero instead of the correct measurment data. Can somebody help to find the root of the error??

Thank in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,362 Views)
The answer is yes.
But don't you think that you could post just a few more details about your problem ?
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,360 Views)
Thanx 4 the reply,

As I mentioned in my last mail that I've 3 instruments as follow:
1. RS232 based instrument.
2. USB 2 RS232 converted instrument.
3. DAC

My goal is to cllect measurment data of a system in real time. As succeded to some extent. However the collected data from inst#2 are missed frequently (once each 10-15 readings) and rarely with inst#1. That never happen with DAC based inst.

I interfaced inst#1 through RS232.vi of LV V.6 while inst#2 with LV v.7. both os theses instrument under on while loop.

I am wondering why the collected data disappear? how can I recover it?

I hope that give an idea to what you want and for more let me know.

Thanx alot in advance

Saoud
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,350 Views)
There are many issues with serial communications. Very often it's just a connection problem, with faulty cables/connectors. Other issues may arise from poorly implemented exchange protocols between instrument and PC, synchronization being a classical problem.
Try to post a version of your vi. Some "expert" here will be able to detect a flaw into your code, if any.
Otherwise I'm afraid that nobody will be able to help you efficiently.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,337 Views)