From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data entry type in array of clusters

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi i have 4 column array of cluster

X Y Z & Data entry Type 

X+Y=Z simply

I wanna do this 

when i entry x; data type cell will auto X (not numerical value just "X")

when i entry z; data type cell will auto Z 

Then i can build my algorithm.

How can i do this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,465 Views)

Can you post what you have done so far?

Honestly, I have a hard time trying to imagine what you are up to.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,449 Views)

Check my attachments. When i entry a data in X data entry show me X

How can I do it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,440 Views)

I dont understand your setup.... why do you make an array of exact the same clusters if you look into a singular value only for each index?

It seems to me that using a simple numeric array with three element (XYZ) or a single cluster for all three elements more appropriate.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,434 Views)

Its just simple example from my program. My real clusters have 18 elements and array have 29 elements. So i need know which data entry first.

Look this attachment when i enter a data, data entrys cloumn show it after i can build algorithm. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,426 Views)

The image displays a table, so a 2D string array....

How is that connected to your cluster? Why is a cluster an advantage?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,415 Views)

Every row have different constant values in this table. And i have different data types (string, numeric, combo box, boolean)

How can i create it without cluster?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,403 Views)

As i said, you image displays a STRING table.

If you want something like Excel with predefined datatypes for columns, an array of cluster can work out.

But building an algorithm which checks for specific dependencies within a single record/row

a) is very specific

b) can get quite complex.

That being said, you have to start by looking at these dependencies and evaluate if rows can swap/be in arbitrary order.

Simply stating:

row 0 => column 0 is of interest

row 1 => column 1 is of interest

row 2 => column 2 is of interest

will most likely not work.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,400 Views)

I dont understand.Then what is your advice? Can u send me a simple example please?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,396 Views)

What you want to achieve is that if the user changes a value in the cluster, the last element will display which field was modified.

This is rather simple to implement, it requires you to compare the modified state with the previous state or to register a change event for the fields.

Point is: How do you handle modification done by the user to a cluster which was already modified? Should your DATA ENTRY element list multiple entries? Only the last?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,388 Views)