LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data communication between Micro-controller and labview using Ethernet

Dear engineers,

I am trying to make a data communication between AVR micro-controllers and labview via LAN port.  I am able to read the data in Internet explorer but I want to read the data in labview. 

Any experience for this case ?

Thank u in advance,

Ped

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,496 Views)

Look into the TCP/IP examples in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).

You could also use VISA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,495 Views)
thank you for your help. could you please provide me an example? I couldn't use TIP/IP modules. I could transfer data using HTML code and I check the results internet explorer. but unfortunately I was unable to send and receive data to labview.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,431 Views)

If you're already having success using HTML commands, try reading through this: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/interacting_vis_ws/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,417 Views)

Don't think its the best way to do things but you can open a browser window in Labview and capture all communications and pars it for a given value. etc.

Also note that on Windows and i.e underlying communication is different than say Fire Fox or Chrome.

post your VI for specific details.

Regards,

Barddya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,403 Views)
When you say that you can transfer the data using HTML code, do you mean that in a browser you can type in a URL and get the data back? If so, you can do the exact same thing using the HTML client VIs.
Posing as a browser, the LV code accesses a website url and returns whatever the server sends as a string.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,386 Views)