LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data aquisition time

Hey guys,

I do not know if anyone can help me.

I am working with a PCI-6221 data acquisition board on a simple system which collects the voltage data from a capacitor. I just wanna take the voltage points during the capacitor´s discharge, which lasts 60ms aprox. I would like to take at least 10points, so it would be necessary to acquire every 6ms. I have tried it with a proucer-consumer format, but I face data overwritten troubles.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do this? As far as I know, the average time response of Windows is tipically of 10ms, so I think I cnnot do this without a real time module. Could you tell me which would be the minimum time interval between samples acquired?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,026 Views)

The most important thing when asking something about data acquisition is to tell what hardware you are using!

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,022 Views)

@Christian_M wrote:

The most important thing when asking something about data acquisition is to tell what hardware you are using!

Christian

Christian He has mentioned it as PCI-6221.

Jmhf,

It would be better if you can post the code that you have done for this.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,018 Views)

@P Anand wrote:

@Christian_M wrote:

Christian

Christian He has mentioned it as PCI-6221.

Jmhf,

It would be better if you can post the code that you have done for this.

ups. Thank you Anand!

Well then simply create a finite Task with the number of samples and sample rate you want to acquire based on the example named "Acq&Graph voltage-Int Clk.vi" which could be found using the Example Finder.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,015 Views)

And can I reach as high rates as I told? I want to take one point every 6ms!!!, queue them and then process them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,011 Views)

6ms means 167 Hz. The 6221 maximum rate is 250.000 Samples/s, so yes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,005 Views)