From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition using picoscope

Hello and good day

I'm actually doing research for my project. 

my problem is that. can labview operate with picoscope 5442B?

if can. can someone teach me how to write the program since i'm new in this scope

thanks 😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,669 Views)

Labview can communicate with many devices, the key is identifying what info you need to make the program.  Provided the manufacturer doesn't already provide VIs, you'll need to make your own.  For this you'll need the following information to start.

Does the picoscope use GPIB (what's the device address?)? RS232 (buad rate, terminating characters, stop bit, parity?)? USB ?

What commands would you need to send (usually short string messages)?  Check the user manual of the scope for this info.

Message 2 of 6
(4,660 Views)

pjr1121. can i get your email for futher discussion?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,656 Views)
Haven't you tried the driver available from the vendor?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,642 Views)

is it named 'picoscope 6'? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,635 Views)

a quick look through the manufacturer's website shows that you want the Softwar Development Kit (SDK) located here.  http://www.picotech.com/software.html

It contains labview examples along with DLL wrappers (the subvi's you will be using to construct a functional program)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,632 Views)