From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx

hello all,

i am new to labview. a month ago i started using it. i want to read paralle data from PCI-6534. i am getting this data and succesfullly graph it. but when i use external trigger it shows error. plz help me through this.

i am attaching both files here.

thanks in advance... 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,734 Views)

Hi d,

do you mind to clean up your VI before uploading any pictures of the block diagram? All those crossing lines hurt my eyes…

Which error do you get?

Did you supply an external trigger to start/trigger your measurement?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,731 Views)

hie GerdW..

sorry for dirty snapshots... i am attaching files again here. i am getting error 200284.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,716 Views)

Hi d,

did you read the explanation of that error number?

That's why I asked you: Did you REALLY supply an external clock?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,700 Views)

hey all.. in my first post i wrote i used external trigger.. but i am using it as external clock... sorry for inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,698 Views)

hey GerdW

i tried 10KHz and 50 KHz pulse from my signal generator. and initially i want 50 samples to verify code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,696 Views)

Add a wait between the starting of the task and trying to read.  You are trying to read before the trigger is even found.

Also, since you are dealing with Finite samples, you should wire up the Samples Per Channel on the DAQmx Timing VI.  Just use the same terminal as the number of samples to read you have wired to your DAQmx Read.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,694 Views)

hey crossrulz,

i connected samples per channel as per your suggestion but plz tell me wht kind of wait i have to add. finally i have to take this data rate to some of KB. so plz suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,676 Views)

hey crossrulz..

i add delay block here and giving 50 KHz square wave as clock.. though i am not getting anything it runs in loop.. plz plz help me here.... i am attaching vi also so plz look in it and tell me 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,632 Views)

hey all, i tried this vi. it gives result sometimes but take more time and sometime give garbage. can any one suggest method to sure that it read data on edge without any garbage..

thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,613 Views)