LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

Problem: Can't see DAQ assistant in the function palette.

Running Labview 14 student edition, DAQmx 9.8. Self test of the board through Measurement and Automation Explorer is good. Test panel works as well.

Tried a repair of the DAQmx driver. Did not help.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,880 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bridog
You need to install a version of DAQmx that is supported by LabVIEW 2014 - like 14.1.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,872 Views)

LabVIEW 2014 is only compatible with DAQmx 14.0 or 14.1.  Try installing 14.1: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.1/4953/en/

Edit: Looks like Dennis beat me to it.  But, he's definitely right.  You'll never get anything other than those two versions (or some future versions) to work with LabVIEW 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,866 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

LabVIEW 2014 is only compatible with DAQmx 14.0 or 14.1.  Try installing 14.1: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.1/4953/en/

Edit: Looks like Dennis beat me to it.  But, he's definitely right.  You'll never get anything other than those two versions (or some future versions) to work with LabVIEW 2014.

Well, Its good to know you all let me eat my dinner:)

Spoiler
It looked like a "minimal effort Solution" before I read the threadSmiley LOL 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,849 Views)

Why were you eating dinner instead of preparing to take the CLA?  😛

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,840 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

Why were you eating dinner instead of preparing to take the CLA?  😛

Because I CLD Certified (by points) to mid 2019.  I'd Lose a year If I took the CLA now!  Smiley Surprised

There are other Certs I gunning for.  CTD, CLED.....  And, did Tim ask you to chime in while he tickles his new son's toes?  

Spoiler
"Tim" aka Crossrulz tries to razz me about my CLx about once a week!  He was busy this week,I guess with "deliverables"------ Thanks for razzing-in-place

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,833 Views)

I noticed you two bantering about it while looking through CLA prep threads.  I figured this was an appropriate time to give you a hard time about it. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,829 Views)

Thanks! That did it. Actually DAQmx 14.2 now....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,793 Views)

Well, it might come up-- Diaper pins are for the diapers -- not too pin them down to the deliveables

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,769 Views)