LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistance setting

Hello, 

I am running a scaled down earthquake data that I retrieved from the USGS website and placed accelerometers on the mini shake table to verify that the shake table can replicate an earthquake. However, I have a problem setting the "samples to read" and "rate (Hz)" to the correct setting to give me a good amount of points. I extracted the data into excel file and plotted the graph but because I have so many collected data points, I cannot the plot. Is there any way where I set the settings of the DAQ assistance to only give me a few points? Ultimately, I want to get my excel graph to have the same shape or very similar shape as the earthquake data that I retrieved. I attached my block diagram, DAQ assistance setting, and the graph of the earthquake data I am trying to replicate.  Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,259 Views)

Hello,

What problems are you having? Have you tried playing around with/lowering your sample rate? You can also try decimating your signal using the Decimate 1D Array VI, though might not be the best way to do this.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,188 Views)
Hello,
I have a problem cutting out some points because my graph is very compact. I played with lowering my sample rate but it did not help me. I also have a time domain earthquake data and running it on my Labview code then using accelerometer to record the shake table, but when I plot the data that I collected to the one I got from USGS, my plot is not comparable. Do you know if there is somethin I should check for? Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,173 Views)

Hi,

This VI would appear to help a lot with your problem. You would have to play around with the dt. https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview-api-ref/page/vi-lib/measure/maresamp-llb/resample-wavef...

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,146 Views)