From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut and paste cases

Dear Sirs/Madam,

Here's my problem: I wish to cut the lower most section of code (Aquisition Go/True-False) and paste it into the upper "Aquisition" Case. If you can do it without causing mayhem, you're quite brilliant. And if you show me how I'd be forever grateful.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,468 Views)
can you save it in 8.0 and i'll take a look

did you not like my answer in your previous post?

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=239407

Message Edited by James R on 04-03-2007 09:54 AM

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,465 Views)
I am not sure what "havoc" means for you but simply select the case structure and the Acquition Go Boolean and drag them into the case structure you want.  I just draged it in to the upper case structure and it looks fine.  Like I said what is "Havoc"?
Message 3 of 8
(2,443 Views)

you can't cut and paste one case and insert it into another but you can cut and paste the contents of the case.

try to just select the code inside of the case

when you paste it inside the case the case may autosize and screw up your format so try pasting it into the white space outside of your code and then dragging it inside the destination case

you will have to reconnect the wires that connect to the terminals on the right side of the case

Message Edited by James R on 04-03-2007 10:17 AM

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,443 Views)
You can also duplicate a case. If the case being duplicated has controls or indicators they will also be duplicated, so use some caution.

Lynn
Message 5 of 8
(2,435 Views)

The problem is not a bug.

As Lyn has said, each variable that's recreated is in duplicate so there seems to be no choice other than to edit the resultant Block Diagram and Front Panel after cutting and pasting.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,407 Views)
Well as Evan said, why don't you just select it and drag it up into the case structure? Moving controls does not make copies.
Message 7 of 8
(2,403 Views)
If I need to duplicate several cases I will pull the control/indicator terminals outside case before duplicating. Then reconnect afterwards.

But, if the original code required inputs from controls or generated outputs to indicators, does not the duplicate code need data sources and sinks as well? Maybe the terminals should be outside the case structure anyway and wired through. This makes duplicting easy and painless.

Another way to duplicate code is to makea subVI of it and drop a copy wherever needed.

Lynn
Message 8 of 8
(2,399 Views)