From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing artificial guages of cockpit

Hi Folk,

... thats me again with a new play-tool. For those of you who are more interested in new digital altitude indicators like the style of a primary flight display indicator instead of the old school analog gauges, please take a glans on the attachment. Comments and new ideas are always welcome ...

Have fun,

Carsten

Message 11 of 17
(1,894 Views)

@RC-Freak wrote:

Hi Folk,

... thats me again with a new play-tool. For those of you who are more interested in new digital altitude indicators like the style of a primary flight display indicator instead of the old school analog gauges, please take a glans on the attachment. Comments and new ideas are always welcome ...

Have fun,

Carsten

I think you meant glance, not glans Smiley Very Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,870 Views)

@RC-Freak wrote:

Hi Folks,

For a Quadrocopter project I am trying to design my own cockpit. The most difficult challenge was the customizing of the needles for the gauges but ... i got it. Attached you will find my vertical speed indicator as a working example (LV10 VerticalSpeedGauge.vi). What do you mean? Every comment or improvments are highly appreciated. Also attached you will find a picture of my whole working cockpit instrument panel.

have fun ...

Best Regards

Carsten

Wow.  Just.  Wow.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,865 Views)
... ups sorry, i felt a bit sheepish about it. .... glance is the right word. I am from Germany ....

cheers,
Carsten

Message 14 of 17
(1,849 Views)

No worries! Just having some fun.

The digital altimeter is absolutely awesome! You've done a great job, and this shows off what can be achieved with a little effort and some predefined picture constants. If you wanted to make this more reusable, I'd recommend wrapping it into an XControl. There's a basic article on that here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9982

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,818 Views)

Hello Thoric,

... and yes, XControl sounds interesting ... but unfortunately I don't have a LabVIEW professional version available. With my version its not possible to create XControls 😞 . The other option is that somebody is willing to help me and can design a XControl out of my code. Would be very interesting for me to see how it works and how easy it can be handled afterwards in the code.

greetings ...

Carsten

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,787 Views)

With an XControl you would aim to improve it to scale with changing panel sizes to make it truly re-usable. You have a number of fixed constants in your code which presumably relate to the dimensions of the image with some pre-determined offsets. These would need to be dynamic to make it a scaleable graphic.

I'd love to do this myself, but I don't have time. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,776 Views)