From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize quick drop with ctrl+a

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello to all

I want to ask you for help with customizing my quick drop. I am missing shortcut ctrl+A (select all). For example when I am typing name of the function in quick drop window, but i made a mistake, or a typo and I want to write the name of the function again, but without pressing Backspace key (I am using one hand and Darren's nuggets;p). 

Any ideas? 

PS: English is not my native language, so if it wasnt clear I will provide some screenshots;)

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,030 Views)

Select All is not available in the QD.  That is because Darren programed in the capability of making plugins to do whatever you want with scripting using Ctrl+a key.  See here for more information: List of Community Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcuts

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,024 Views)

And there's no way around...?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AdamTrojak

@AdamTrojak wrote:

And there's no way around...?

No.  The Ctrl combinations inside of QuickDrop were setup to be for plugins, nothing more.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,004 Views)

Well... that's a shame. But thank you for a replay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,999 Views)

You can replace QD with your own VI which will do the same functionality and not have this issue, but the QD dialog itself was password protected the last time I looked, so you will probably have to write it from scratch. It should live in <LabVIEW>\resource\dialog.

I haven't checked, but I assume that not having a Ctrl+A shortcut does not help?

And you could also try asking Darren to upload a modified version of QD which does respect this, but I don't know if he has the time to deal with this. The QDKS group is probably the best place to post such a question.

(2,969 Views)

The text field in Quick Drop supports the Ctrl-X/C/V shortcuts for cut/copy/paste. The are natively supported by the LabVIEW combo box (which is used for the Quick Drop text field). Unfortunately, the combo box does not natively support Ctrl-A for 'select all', which is why this functionality isn't working.

I've filed CAR 578918 to see if I can implement Ctrl-A in the Quick Drop code itself to perform a 'select all', assuming there isn't a Quick Drop keyboard shortcut assigned to the 'A' key. Hopefully I'll be able to do something about this in a future LabVIEW version.

Thanks for posting about the issue. As tst suggested, please post any future Quick Drop questions/suggestions to the Quick Drop Enthusiasts community group.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,947 Views)

Well... first of all It is like meeting a celebrity, to have a topic ansered by you Darren;)

I do understand, that it is not the most crucial functionality of qd, however I would find it very usefull. In fact it would be great to have this functionality avaiable in LabVIEW itself, not only in QD (like filling blanks in constants or controls, and using tab key, to switch between next cells in arrays). 

But I am glad that the suggestion had been heard;)

Take care 

and best wiring!

Message 8 of 8
(2,915 Views)