From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom menu or "Export Image" Invoke Method : 2 problems

LV 8.5 broke the possibility to modify the item name of an
Application Item in a custom menu
So, for copying a graph to the clipboard you have to select "copy data"
unfortunately, I use Copy Data to .... copy the data 🙂

OK, I could use "Copy Graph" to copy the data and "Copy Data" to copy
the graph but I don't think that my customers would be happy with it ...

- so, does anyone knows if there is a way to use the
"APP_SC_COPY_DATA" function programmatically ?

- or can anyone give me a clue to make work the "Export Image" Invoke
Method which just copied half of the graph when i tried it ?
even if this method don't work with intensity chart (why ???) ...
another problem which i'll have to solve.

thanks in advance for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,961 Views)
be,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a workaround for creating a menu item with the custom name but the "APP_SC_COPY_DATA" tag.  I find it strange that we would remove that functionality in the new version of LabVIEW, but I'm sure there must have been a good reason for it.

Have a look at the following discussion thread:
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=199010&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

On the second page of discussion there is an example that shows using the "IMAQ ImageToClipbaord" function along with the "Get Image" property.  Unlike the "Export Image" property, the "Get Image" will actually capture the proper image of the graph, instead of just a black and white representation.  To use this workaraound, you're going to need to install the IMAQ driver from ni.com:
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/lang/en\

I hope that helps!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,932 Views)
thanks for the link
but i don't want to import extra vi if it is not necessary
and i am quite happy with the black and white background (the plot keeps his color)

I need to know why the use of the "Export Image" Invoke Method don't give the proper graph picture but just half of it ...
is it me or is it a bug ?

Message Edited by be on 11-29-2007 05:10 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,927 Views)
be,

When I use the Export Image invoke node in 8.5, I receive a black and white copy of the entire graph:

What behavior are you seeing?

[Edit:]  The above image was for a waveform chart, not a graph, but I verified it works the same with a waveform graph.

Message Edited by Devin_K on 11-30-2007 05:01 PM

Message Edited by Devin_K on 11-30-2007 05:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,913 Views)
sorry to be so long to answer

the problem, which happen on Mac (Intel or PPC) platform (I didn't checked on PC) is that the graph picture slips on the top of the frame of the picture

look at the exported picture file joined to this mail
i jhave the same result with the invoke method and with the "export simplified image..." menu

this is a really annoying bug
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,874 Views)
be,

I tested "Export Image" on a Mac machine here and I'm also seeing some odd behavior.  My image didn't look exactly like yours (it got shifted down and to the right, depending on the size of the graph), but I think it must be the same bug that you are seeing.  I'll make a report to R&D regarding this issue.

One workaround that I found on my test machine was to change the file type to "PICT" instead of "BMP".  This made the image get copied properly to my clipboard.  Give that a try and see if it works on your system

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,853 Views)

Hi

5 years later I have the same problem, that the export image invoke node crops the image when using bmp. 

Is there a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,356 Views)