LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom glyphs

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a folder in the glyphs folder for my custom glyphs to use for my VIs.  It worked fine for the past 2-3 years.  The last 3 or 4 that I have added do not show up in my icon editor.  What can cause that?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lmtis

I recall reading somewhere that the Icon Editor caches the icon images in the .bin file.

My folder has different .bin files for each LV version installed.

Maybe your .bin file is corrupted?

As a test, I renamed my Glyphs.14.0f1.bin file to Glyphs.14.0f1.bin.x and launched the Icon Editor.

The .bin was recreated.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 5
(3,930 Views)

Another thing to try is to use the Import Glyph from File opion of the Edit menu in the Icon Editor, then do a Save As ... Glyph.  When you do this, it will show you what it is using as the Glyph folder and you can check if your missing Glyph is "missing" from this list.

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,922 Views)

I've been using this feature in all versions 2011 to 2015 without any issues.  In several versions I know that the cache of icons would go on in the background with no indication of anything happening the first time, but in 2014 and 2015 there is a refresh button which I assume goes out and recreates the cache for glyphs.  If you are having issues I'd recommend deleting that bin file and see if things come back, but like I said leave the icon editor open for a little while letting it recreate the cache after you do this.  Mine takes on the order of a minute to generate the cache but I do have lots of additional glyphs.

Message 4 of 5
(3,913 Views)

Right you are Phillip.  Thanks very much!

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,891 Views)