LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom controls

I have created a GUI that contains 50 boolean switches representing a switch box. I want to represent real world jumper leads connecting pairs of switches when selected. Has anyone done something similar or can direct me to where I can create them myself. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,372 Views)

Hi miggins,

you can customize your controls to show any image you like to show!

There are app notes on "customizing controls" and there are also threads in the forum for the very same topic. Do some searching...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,370 Views)

Hi miggins,

Have you found anything related to what you were looking for?

Best regards,
Ali Bailey
National Instruments

----------------------------------

Don't forget to Kudos useful posts!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,337 Views)

Not really. I've created all the code as this is going into a much larger application,but there is a stand alone gui needed too where multiple pairs of buttons are selected, and I am struggling a bit to even get this pairing of buttons solved never mind representing real life jumper leads.( Although it is a requirement). Any help would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,310 Views)

Hi miggins,

"pairing" of buttons can be done like this:

check.png

It's a very basic example, using a "ValueChange"-event of one button to set a second button by it's local variable...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,306 Views)

Hi miggins,

GerdW solution for pairing buttons will certainly do the job.  Be aware that you will not be able to use latching booleans with local variables.

A small point that I would recommend it that you also include an event that handles when you press the stop button and wire a value out of the event structure to control the loop.  This is because at present the loop will not stop when you press the stop button, rather it will wait until you press one of the booleans too as the event is waiting for that "value change".

This is what I mean:

Stop Event

Best regards,
Ali Bailey
National Instruments

----------------------------------

Don't forget to Kudos useful posts!
Message 6 of 6
(2,296 Views)