LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cursor bug in xy graphs

Hi,

I seem to be having some problem in dragging curosor to the left most point on the curve. When the cursor is at position 28 and I drag it to the left, its position becomes 0 even though there are 5-6 data points between 28 & 0. The problem only occurs when I drag the cursor using mouse. If I use the arrows in cursor legend then the cursor is correctly set to position 26.5 if the left arrow is clicked.

I do not show cursor legend in my actual application so this becomes a big problem for some of the customers.

I have attached the vi here which demonstrates this problem.

Please take a look at it and let me know if there is a workaround to this problem.

Thanks,

Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,928 Views)

I don't seem to see that problem.  The cursor jumps some number of points but from 28 to 26.5, 23.6, 21.2 and to 20.  The graph starts at 20 not zero as you set it.

LabVIEW version 12.0.1

Mac OS X 10.8.5

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,885 Views)

I am runninv LV 2012 Sp1 on Win 7 x64.

Do you have a windows machine where you can run this code?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,857 Views)

No.  I don't need the pain...  🙂

Have you tried it under a different windows box?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,844 Views)

I did try it on other windows machines and the problem only occur on certain machines. 

I finally found the source of the problem and I believe its a bug in LabVIEW. The problem occurs based on the position of the graph in the vi. If I move the graph few pixels to the right in my vi, the the cursor doesn't seem to disappear. 

I will create a screencast and post it here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,838 Views)

Here is the screencast which demonstrates the bug:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2iVoknEgb

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,834 Views)

This is a suggestion from back in the mists of time.  But update your video drivers?  It seemed to be a mantra for the windows world.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,823 Views)

I updated all the windows updates and still its happening.

I noticed that it only happens if the X-axis is set to Log mode. If I set it to Linear that cursos disappearing problem doesn't happen.

Can someone please give me some insight as to why it might be happening? This is becoming super annoying now.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,703 Views)

I am not sure about that particular problem but there are other problems in general with the use of cursors on log scales. Bring Cursor to Center malfunctions gloriously on log scales.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,691 Views)