From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal report merge module

Hi Members,

We have an application developed in Visual Basic6, MSAccess(Datastorage) and Crystal Reports11 (for reporting), and working fine since years.

Now, we have developed the same application using Labview 7.1.

We are using Crystal Reports Ver.11 for report generation, and working fine. (Had to do this because we have invested a lot of $ for Crystal Reports.)

Now we want to distribute the software to our customers by giving them the setup. We are sucessfully able to generate the setup of Labview application and working fine on the customer PC, but it gives problems when generting reports on the customer's PC. We studied the documentation of Crystal reports, and found that they have Merge modules that needs to be included in the Setup. We have done it sucessfully in VB6, using MS-Installer, because they support including .MSM files directly.

We would like to know, how we can include those .MSM files of crystal reports in Labview Application builder, 

or 

how to include these .MSM files into our setup cd that is to be given to our customer.

Thanking you,

with best regards from,

Kiran V Sutar

Mumbai, INDIA.

P.S. : I have also posted this question on other forum at : http://forums.lavag.org/Crystal-Report-t13349.html

I hope this does not offend anybody, Since I am desparate to get a solution to this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,804 Views)