From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crio standalone

Hello all,

I have a code that runs with no problem on the host, but need to run it headless on CRIO. I Right Click on the real-time build specifications and select "Run as Startup", then right click the CRIo, utilities, restart. but nothing happens. All the DIP switches are in the OFF state on the cRIO. Can anyone please tell me what wrong is?

Best,

Samira

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,876 Views)

Have you built and deployed the build specification? (I don't think this happens automatically when you click Run as Startup, although that may have changed between versions). These are both options when you right-click the build specification. Build first, then deploy, then reboot. I believe you only need to do "Run as Startup" once to mark that build specification as one that should run automatically once it's deployed.

What are you expecting to happen when the cRIO runs your application? Do you have some indication as to whether it's running?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,864 Views)

Thanks Nathand for the early answer. yes i do build and deploy but the device connected to crio does not start running with crio restart.   😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,851 Views)

Can you share your code? Also, what were you trying to show in your screenshot? An image of LabVIEW asking to reboot the cRIO doesn't tell us much.

Most likely there's some function in your code that works properly in the development environment but causes an error when compiled, and that error is preventing your code from running. For example, property nodes linked to front-panel items will cause errors when running in a compiled application on an RT target, because RT applications do not have front panels. If you share your code, we might be able to identify the problem. Also, have you tried enabling debugging in the build specification? That way you can connect to the application while it's running and investigate the problem (and sometimes enabling debugging also makes the problem go away, although it's better to fix the underlying problem).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,842 Views)

Are you using typedefs?  They can cause this behavior on RT systems.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/RT-does-not-run-when-deployed-to-9642-sbRIO-LV-201...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,829 Views)

Hello nathand

I have been through all these steps, but it does not help.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/52E943F7D6E7C0578625720A001DDF6E

I have nothing on the front pannel. My VI is attached. Can u please help me with that?

Regards,

Samira

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,812 Views)

Hello nathand, 

I have been through all these steps, but it does not help.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/52E943F7D6E7C0578625720A001DDF6E

I have nothing on the front pannel. My VI is attached(Autonom1). I have no typeDefs.Can u please help me with that?

Regards,

Samira

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,810 Views)

I would suspect an error coming out of the Stop shared variable, since that would prevent anything further from running, but I can't test or otherwise prove that. Did you build with debugging enabled, and then connect to the application using remote debugging? Also consider adding some code to write the error value to a file at the end of the program (do not connect the error wire to the error in terminal when you write to the file, so it will write even when there's a previous error), then check that file. This is as easy as unbundling the error string and passing it to "Write to Text File." Set the path to something like "C:\autonomous-error.txt" Then you can FTP to the cRIO target and check the contents of that file, which might help determine the problem.

I don't have the robotics toolkit you're using so I really can't tell what your code does because I'm missing so many VIs from that toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,800 Views)

Hello Samira,

did you try to build and deploy a more simple VI to check if the hardware works propperly?

Does the VI run in debug mode?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,778 Views)

Dear Nathand,

thanks for your suggestion, now i know where the error is. it really helped.

Regards,

Samira

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,760 Views)