From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crio deployment error

Hello,

I am the inheritor of a labview RT application, and it uses compact rio as a RT target. I wanted to run the RT vi on my host PC to enter the debug mode and see how data flows around my diagram. When I tried to run the VI, i have encountered the following error. I tried restarting my PC and when I wanted to run my project again, I have encountered the same error. Here it is:

crio error.png

I have looked in my cRIO target and couldn't find the library...

I have everything I need installed on my host computer, there are no dependency conflicts or missing vi's.

Does anybody know what this means?

How do I handle this error?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,459 Views)

OanaV,

Are you trying to see this application run on your cRIO through your computer, or do you want to actually run it on your computer? If you're getting a deployment dialog like in your screencap, then you are deploying code to run on the cRIO still. 

If you want to actually run the code on your computer, you will need to drag the VI in your project to the "My Computer" section. 

If you want to run code on your RT target, I would recommend formatting the cRIO and re-installing software. From what I can tell, the software set needed to run that VI should install automatically with the default installation. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,416 Views)

Hey OanaV,

Yes, Kyle is correct that you will need to move this VI under the "My Computer" section of your project explorer. This is because VI's will behave differently based on where in the hierarchy of the project explorer they are located. If located under a cRIO, LabVIEW will attempt to deploy the code to a remote target.

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,392 Views)

Thank you, I will try to drag the vi under My computer in the project tree. It shouldn't be a problem running the project then from what i understand from you, even if it's written for the cRIO, am I right?

Another question I have would be How do I find out which libraries are installed on the cRIO? Are they the ones i deploy with my project? If so, where do I look for them?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,379 Views)

Do you have any typedefs in these libraries? Because they could affect the deployment process.

Also what RTOS are you running on your target? The path will be different for each.

Finally, are you having problems deploying in an interactive run or is this from a startup .exe?

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,358 Views)