cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating subvi within for loop problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys 

I am trying to create subvi but part which come inside subvi contain for loop. As soon as I selected part of my program for which I want creat subvi it one pop up comes. I am posting images of the pop up and program. In this program image I want to create subvi for (For loop with 10 iteration). 

Please help me in finding solution. I will appriciate your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,450 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author parag77

A lot of your local variables should be simply replaced with wires or shift registers.  That would eliminate some of your issues.  Otherwise, I would just delete your indicator terminals before creating the subVI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(2,438 Views)

Thank you for your relpy. I tried what you said but it didn't reslove issue ,its showing same pop up 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,433 Views)
Then you didn't eliminate all of the locals or indicators. Do you understand how the functionality will actually change. I suspect that when you succeed in making it a subVI, your next question will be why the front panel does not update until the subVI finishes.
Message 4 of 7
(2,408 Views)

Thank you for your reply. Icreated sub-VI, there was problem with conneting wire subvi doesn't  take local variable for consideration.

Can you please explain the problem you mention becasuse as my main VI updating simulateneously suv-VI also updating. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,404 Views)
Any indicator on the front panel simply cannot be updated as the subVI runs unless you modify the subVI to use something like a reference. Just basic dataflow. Really basic programming, for that matter.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,397 Views)

Dont mark the posts as solution if your problem is not solved. 

From your posts. You have also another thread where you mentioned detecting ellipse.  I feel you are doing it the hardway. Have you tried coverting the image to binary and using a particle filter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,385 Views)