LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating flexible object in 3d picture control toolkit

How to create a flexible 3d object using 3d picture control tool kit. I can rotate, translate and scale a object but i cannot make to bend it... Help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,898 Views)

There is no such thing as a flexible object. If you want the object shaped differently, draw it differently.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,873 Views)

hi gokul2013,

with "bending" you mean to interacte with a 3d object e.g. a surface? This reminds me of an submission from the 2010's code contest:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13861

Regards,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,856 Views)

Thank you for your kind reply Mr.Alex.

You reply was very helpfull to me.. I can do bending movement with what you had proposed in early reply.. For my application i need to make my object as flexible. Here i have attached my object file. Just i created a two box Objects. In that , I need to bend green coloured object as like in attached Picture file..

For this purpose what i need to do and how can i code the program..

Looking for your reply...

Regards

Gokul

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,831 Views)

Sorry, I don't know, because I haven't written the .vi which I linked in my earlier post.

My intention was to show, that Labview is capable of this task.

Regards,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,820 Views)

You can't do it with the 3D picture control unless you make your bending object out of a bunch of discrete shapes that you calculate the new positions of with each change in angle.  You'd essentially be building a low res rendering engine.  If you are looking for a way to do this, and are not tied to LabVIEW, you may want to look at something like Blender3D, an open source animation and game engine software package, where you can dynamically adjust shapes like this. 

You could make an animation in Blender to account for a bunch of discrete bend positions and export them as seperate STL files.   Then you could load the STL files into memory (or one at a time), and display the correct one based on the rotation value in a LabVIEW control.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,813 Views)

Did you try vugie's example? It seems quite possible to redraw the green object with a different shape based on the mouse drag.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,804 Views)

Any one tell me how to create 3d robotic arm using labview?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,397 Views)
You appended onto the end of a thread that is more than a year old. You need to post a new question -- and when you do you need to add some more detail.

For instance, I assume you are wanting to create the picture of a 3D robot arm. You need to say exactly what is is that you need and what it is that you are trying to do.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,390 Views)