LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating dead time for switching pulses

dear all

I want create some dead time for switching on the switches in a single leg in 3 phase controlled rectifier application. how can i create this dead time in labview for my switching pulses? and it should be in micro seconds. is it possible for dead time in microseconds? when i am using delay time i am getting the delay in milli seconds only.

thank you.

dead time.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,196 Views)

It depends on your hardware and your software. The standard Wait function in LV has millisecond resolution. Software timing is also dependent on OS latencies which can run to tens of milliseconds and occasionally much longer.

Most (but not all) analog output devices can use hardware timing. Some (but surprisingly few) digital output devices can use hardware timing. The devices with hardware timing may be able to generate the signal you want but it depends on the clock speed and the buffer sizes. If your device has multiple counter-timers, you might be able to generate a delayed pulse. Most of the NI counter-timers work with timebases fo 10 to 80 MHz and would be fast enough.

It might be safer for your switches to have the deadtime generated in hardware.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,165 Views)