LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create shortcut folder in desktop

Solved!
Go to solution

That's one solution, another, you can specifiy the path in the working directory control, and just type the command in. Give that a try:D

NIhuyu wrote:

In all versions of LabVIEW

command shortcut.PNG

Message Edited by NIhuyu on 01-27-2010 08:58 PM

Best Regards

Hu Yu
Message 21 of 30
(4,396 Views)

Sorry again Hu Yu .. I didnt step by step but its not working..i think is this wrong. i attach the vi with this.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(4,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeyanthi

I think you only need one block as below

dos.PNG

Best Regards

Hu Yu
Message 23 of 30
(4,384 Views)
kudos to huyu for his patience.... 🙂
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(4,380 Views)
Thank you Hu Yu.Thanks a lot.Its works..i really appreciate your help.Sorry for burdening you a lot.Smiley HappySmiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(4,379 Views)

Thanks very much Guru!Smiley Very Happy

I think one should always carry on to the end, cheer up!Smiley Wink

Best Regards

Hu Yu
Message 26 of 30
(4,363 Views)

I realise this thread is a bit old now, but I came up with a solution to this in a new thread someone started here.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(4,019 Views)

Hi Hu YU

I want to create shortcut file in C\program data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ Programs\MaxEye\Project Name. My Actual File path location is C\VIPM Hands On\Build an Add-on\Project Name folder. Please give solution for my problem. Reply me soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(3,307 Views)

First, you need to create any missing folders in the full path to where you want to create the shortcut.

Second, the location you have chosen is protected by the operating system so your program must be executing with an elevated privilege (I.e. have admin rights to create the folders and shortcut).

If those first two conditions are met, then you can use the VI here to create the shortcut.

Normally shortcuts like this are created by the installer that is already running with elevated privileges. I presume the VIPM has a facility to do this too?

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(3,269 Views)

If you need to run your compiled application with an elevated privilege every time you can compile it with an embedded manifest file that requests admin privileges before it executes via a UAC prompt.

An example manifest file contents are as follows (and attached):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> 
    <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0"
	processorArchitecture="X86"
	name="LabVIEW Application"
	type="win32"/>
<description>Elevated execution level</description> 
   <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
      <security>
         <requestedPrivileges>
            <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"/>
         </requestedPrivileges>
      </security>
   </trustInfo>
</assembly>

You add it to the compiled application in the Application builder dialog via Windows Security > Embed manifest file

privilegemanifest.png

I don't think the filename matters.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(3,257 Views)