cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a property definition vi in LabVIEW class

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello forum,

I am trying to create a VI inside a property definition folder within a LabVIEW class and I always get the following error message for the VI that is created: Invalid accessor VI connector pane. I do have a 4x2x2x4 pane but will still show error. I  am going to the property definition folder, right click and select new VI. The new VI is created but with the error stated above.

I now that before I was able to do it before and the VI had a box type icon(like a labview class icon) but can't do it anymore. Don't know what has changed.

I am using Labview 2013 32bit.

Thank you for your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,354 Views)

Can you share the code? That would make it much easier to debug with you.

The member VI that reads the private data must have terminals: Class In (top left), Error In (bottom left), Class Out (top right), Value Out (Right below Class Out term), Error Out (bottom right). The writing VI is the same, but the input is on the opposite side of the connector pane.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,340 Views)

Here are some image captures, this is using the Static distpatch VI Template

Property VI.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,331 Views)

error incorrect pane.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,329 Views)

The property definition VIs are used to read and write values from that class in the form of a property node. Is this what you're trying to do? If not, just make a regular static data access VI.

Because of the property node functionality, you need to be reading, or writing, a value to the VI, which you're not. So there's your problem.

See the Creating a Member VI in a Property Definition Folder section here.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,321 Views)

I think I am following the procedure properly but I get  the following error when trying to add the vi's.

???.

Thanks for your time

error adding vi.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,301 Views)

Please share the project and VIs if you can.

Did you move the Property Definition VIs within the class? They might have retained a propert definition association and not like their new location. I would suggest making new VIs and copying the code inside.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,293 Views)

Yes, I have tried all that. Code should be attached. I was able to do it once before but can't anymore. I even created a new project and brand new class and still have the same problem. Will send you this new project.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,282 Views)

So like I said above, you need to have a value written or read to/from the property definition VI. How can you expect to define a property without an input or an output?

See, no broken run arrow. I wired the output to the right side, second from the top terminal.:

Property Definition.png

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,271 Views)

Thanks, I figured it was something simple, trying to get my head around this labview oop setup. The code error since it referred to an incorrect connector pane made me think it was referring to the pane type and not the configuration. Thanks again for your  time.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,264 Views)