From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a control from a refnum

By modifing Examlpe - Write Table to XL Embedded.vi downloaded from ni.com I have loaded an Excel Spreadsheet into a web browser.  I then created a Reference to the web browser (with its embedded Excel Spreadsheet file) whic is wired to the output terminal.  When I connect the terminal to another web browser object the object is blank.  What an I doing wrong.  I need to keep the Excel Sheet open in background for modification and display it at various points in the application.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,318 Views)
Hi,

Not sure I understood exactly what you need to do... Robot Sad

could you post your code with some description in the diagram to help Smiley Surprised ?

Thanks

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,309 Views)

Please find attached my example

Untitled.vi is the top level vi. Browse to the TR316 WIP.xls file in the path control.

'Load TR316 WIP.vi' is based on a downloaded example (Example - Write Table to XL embedded.vi) and loads the requested spreadsheet into the web browser and outputs reference to the Web Browser and the Excel Workbook

'Select Tab.vi' uses the Excel Workbook Reference to select the tab according to the 'Record' Control

'Show Web Browser.vi' is supposed to display the Web Browser containing the excel workbook with the selected sheet displayed but shows an empty container.

'Unload TR316 WIP.vi' is also based on the downloaded exalmpe and clears up and closes excel

If 'Load TR316 WIP.vi' is visible excel is displayed and the tab changes to the requested Sheet when 'select Tab.vi' is executed but the Show Web Browser is blank.

Thanks Ken Naylor

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,299 Views)