LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creat too many instance when writing an oracle database

Hi

I want to write Oracle database with database toolkits;

but..i found there are too many instance or called session(exceed the upper limit) created when the program running .  that makes the Orace server stop responding

Is there anything  i need to modify?

111.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,268 Views)

Frankly I have never seen this problem, but then I make a point of never using the database connectivity toolkit. Assuming a Windows platform, Windows implements something called connection pooling so when you "close" a connection the OS inserts it into a pool so If you ask for another connection it doesn't actually open a new one it just gives you back a reference to one of the ones you "closed" before.

What OS are you running on?

What version of Oracle?

Is the instance of Oracle local or on another computer?

How are you communicating with Oracle (odbc, oledb, etc)?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,246 Views)

Hi Mike

The  Program is running on Win7 32 bit with Oracle 9i client

The Orace Database version is 11G in another  Server, The instances(sessions) are on the server.

I use “UDL” to communicate with the database,maybe it is OLE DB method

thanks~

another question

is there any toolkits can be used to replace the "Database connectivity toolkits"? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,155 Views)

I have looked at your VI and other than it is using a sequence structure that you don't need, and local variables that your don't need, it seems basically OK. You are not however capturing the error output from the VI that closes the connection. If connections are not closing, that would cause what you are seeing.

In terms of alternate drivers, yes there are some check this link. Specifically the last page has the drivers in a recent version of LV.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,138 Views)