LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counting pulses from an encoder 0-7,5 V

@johnsold wrote:

Here is a simple counting approach. I simulated a pulse signal similar to your signal. 

Lynn

Use this solution. It is basically what I described.  The VI I linked was for an encoder with two out of phase TTLs to show direction ... and I needed frequency information.

Message 11 of 19
(657 Views)
Something that might make your llife easier is that some encoders offer output levels that vary with the voltage that is driving them. Might be worth looking into.

In terms of getting a clean signal, you need to to all the usual things: shielded cables and connectors, good grounding, etc.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 12 of 19
(651 Views)

Ive got LV 2011 so I can open this file. Please change it.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(632 Views)

@BowenM I.s orry but I cant open ure file. Could u make please a LV 2011 VI for me?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(624 Views)

Here it is saved in 2011 format, but like I said ... I would go with Lynn's approach. It is simpler.

Message 15 of 19
(614 Views)

I can finaly count the pulses!!! Now I want to count the angle from 0 to 90* like this. It takes about 5s to move the motor to 90*. I want to look my front panel like this:

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(597 Views)

I can finaly count the pulses!!! Now I want to count the angle from 0 to 90* like this. It takes about 5s to move the motor to 90*. I want to look my front panel like this:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(597 Views)

I also want to delay my counter for 850 ms after the signal starts sending pulses, after this, I want to count from 0. I've tried to fix this in this VI but I cant fix it. Plz help me. Ive post my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(576 Views)

Wait i dont want to delay anymore. I just want to substract 500 front the counter after Ive pushed a button. How do I fix that?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(570 Views)