LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count peak

Hi Friends,

I would like to count just one of the consecutive peaks that come within a certain time interval. How can I do it

thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,205 Views)

Did you try Peak Detector.vi?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,195 Views)

Post what you have done so far. We will help from there.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,176 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried the function. As an example, I send  the figure in attachment. If I used the function, 4 peaks were count. But, I would like to count first and third peak and remove the other peaks (second and fourth). What can I do? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,143 Views)

5, 20, 67, 85.

Was that useful to you?  Your picture was just as useful.  Post the actual VI.  A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a VI is worth a thousand pictures.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 7
(3,137 Views)

Peak Detector has an input called "width". Have you played around with it a bit?

I would expect to have a huge width will also "move" the detected peak in your example.

However, you can detect all four peaks and then evaluate if the space between peaks is big enough (e.g. discard all peaks which are less than 20 next to the previous peak).

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 6 of 7
(3,114 Views)

Thank you for your reply. Also, how can the peaks which have indices of 101, 401 and 801 ( index number: 1,3,5) be removed from array? I tried something and send the VI in attachment. 

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,070 Views)