LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correct time on waveform graph

Hi,

I am using the DAQ assistant to collect data from 7 channels. I am plotting this data on a waveform graph, but noticed the time axis was not correct. It seems that I need to change the x-axis multiplier to get the correct time, however I have a quick question regarding what this multiplier should be.

In the DAQ assistant, I am collecting continuous samples of the 7 channels with "samples to read" = 100 and "rate" = 20 Hz. I have tried reading the help forums but I am still unsure about how the DAQ is actually collecting the data. Is the current set up collecting 20 samples per second for every channel, or is that 20 samples all together across 7 channels? So, to set the right x-axis multiplier should I be using a multiplier of (1/20), (1/140) or some other value?

In the continuous mode, the buffer should be set by the "samples to read", and I think I have done that correctly. However, please let me know if I have not.

Thank you very much for any help, my VI is attached in case I didn't add some relevant details.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,050 Views)

Change your graph to a chart.  Then you won't have to keep appending to your waveforms.  The chart takes care of it all for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,034 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I would still like to display the elapsed time on the chart as the VI runs, I found a tutorial online, but would still need to know how the sample rate is interpereted. Additional help is appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,027 Views)