LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy vi appearance programaticly

Is there a easy way to set (copy), (windows appearance).  I would like to use Conditional disable. Once it should run for debugging not as frontmost ,with title bar and other features, another time the conditions should be with frontmost and.others.. If you have a lot of vi's, it's very  laboriously to do it by hand on the  vi propertys (windows appearance). Is there a class with propertys as in (windows appearance), that I can copy it easy.  I know that I could do it over all propertys and save them in a global cluster but this way is also not confortable. 

thank's

reto  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,530 Views)
Sorry I fergot to write that I'm using version 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,526 Views)
what exactly do you mean by windows appearance?  Please elaborate
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,515 Views)
I just would like to save all the vi propertys of the customize windows appearance (As example window has title bar, Show menu bar...) Is there a way to copy this adjustments to a global variable, reference or anything else that I can set it in other windows programaticly.  I know it would be possible to bundle this propertys to a cluster. But is there no bether oppurtunity  to set window appearance programmaticly. As example when I take a look to class browser  is there a way to copy all propertys from execution at once? I don't like to copy all sub propertys from execution like allow debugging, close after all and so one.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,509 Views)
you could save all the appearance properties that you want to a configuration file (*.ini) and then reload them whenever you want to your Vi.  Of course, this would demand a little amount of programming to be done.  One thing that could help you are OpenG tools that you can download.  Get the package manager here and download the "variant config" package.  This will allow you to write clusters to ini files easily.  The rest youwould need to program yourself.  Hope this helps.

Yohan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,502 Views)
It would be nice if a feather like this would integrated in future.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,497 Views)