From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy enum item

Is there any simple way to extract enum item values? I have an enum contain hundreds of items and want to basically just copy enum item values & paste into text file.

For example, assume that my enum contains:

0 AAA

1 BBB

2 CCC

... etc ... 

I would like to get those values w/o programming. I already tried copy & paste into a text file, Excel, print VI, string but it didn't display value at all.

Please advice,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,009 Views)

Copy your enum to a new VI and just create a property node for the enum and select the "strings[]" property. It will give you a 1D array of strings.

Here's a simple draft how to create a formatted string, one line/item. Coy/paste from the string indicator or directly write it to a file.

(Not quite without programming, but simple enough ;))
Message Edited by altenbach on 12-29-2008 09:55 PM
Message 2 of 7
(4,002 Views)

c.murphy wrote:

I would like to get those values w/o programming. I already tried copy & paste into a text file, Excel, print VI, string but it didn't display value at all.

Please advice,

Why without programming?

But have a look at the OpenG toolkit, this usefull set of VIs for all sorts of programming has a special 'enum to strings' VI:

If you create an indicator for 'Enum Strings' you can copy paste that into excel.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 7
(3,999 Views)

Thank you very much. I thought it can be done w/o programming. I'm new to LabView and still try to figure thing out. I appreciate all comments.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,995 Views)

No need to install OpenG to do this, LabVIEW ships with a VI that will do it for you in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\utility\VariantDataType\GetNumericInfo.vi  (replace with your version of LabVIEW as necessary, I believe this has been available at least since 8.2 and maybe since 8.0).

GetNumericInfo.vi context help

Message Edited by nathand on 12-30-2008 09:18 AM
Message 5 of 7
(3,952 Views)
Thank you for the info. I'll check it out.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,930 Views)

nathand wrote:

No need to install OpenG to do this,

Ah, but you'd be missing out on some interesting stuff... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,924 Views)