LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy enum item

Is there any simple way to extract enum item values? I have an enum contain hundreds of items and want to basically just copy enum item values & paste into text file.

For example, assume that my enum contains:

0 AAA

1 BBB

2 CCC

... etc ... 

I would like to get those values w/o programming. I already tried copy & paste into a text file, Excel, print VI, string but it didn't display value at all.

Please advice,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,016 Views)

Copy your enum to a new VI and just create a property node for the enum and select the "strings[]" property. It will give you a 1D array of strings.

Here's a simple draft how to create a formatted string, one line/item. Coy/paste from the string indicator or directly write it to a file.

(Not quite without programming, but simple enough ;))
Message Edited by altenbach on 12-29-2008 09:55 PM
Message 2 of 7
(4,009 Views)

c.murphy wrote:

I would like to get those values w/o programming. I already tried copy & paste into a text file, Excel, print VI, string but it didn't display value at all.

Please advice,

Why without programming?

But have a look at the OpenG toolkit, this usefull set of VIs for all sorts of programming has a special 'enum to strings' VI:

If you create an indicator for 'Enum Strings' you can copy paste that into excel.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 7
(4,006 Views)

Thank you very much. I thought it can be done w/o programming. I'm new to LabView and still try to figure thing out. I appreciate all comments.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,002 Views)

No need to install OpenG to do this, LabVIEW ships with a VI that will do it for you in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\utility\VariantDataType\GetNumericInfo.vi  (replace with your version of LabVIEW as necessary, I believe this has been available at least since 8.2 and maybe since 8.0).

GetNumericInfo.vi context help

Message Edited by nathand on 12-30-2008 09:18 AM
Message 5 of 7
(3,959 Views)
Thank you for the info. I'll check it out.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,937 Views)

nathand wrote:

No need to install OpenG to do this,

Ah, but you'd be missing out on some interesting stuff... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,931 Views)