LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy and paste one vi to another vi completely

Hi all

i have done one project with single vi and some vis. That includes decors(images),variables,buttons,customised buttons. can i move this vi contents completely from one vi to another vi without affecting functionality or position. because i want to add this vi to another projects case structure.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,572 Views)
I'm not totally clear as to your question, but when you create a VI it is not linked to a particular project. You can reuse it in other projects as many times as you desire. Likewise with customized controls, you can save them as type definitions that you can also reuse.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,539 Views)

Copying the contents of an ecxisting VI to a new blank VI will not create a new VI that is the same. Missing are for example the VI settings (windows option, execution, icon, the connector pane assignments, etc.)

If you want to create an identical VI, you can save as... and select unopened disk copy, then give it a new name.

It is not clear what you are asking. What does it all have to do with a case structure? Do you possibly want to make a copy of the project?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,515 Views)

Find the folder where you have the VI saved.  Click on it.  Hit Ctrl+C.  Hit Ctrl+V.  Rename the new VI to whatever you'd like.  You've made a copy.

But, why?  Are you wanting it to be different than it currently is for the new project?  If you're not going to make project specific changes to the VI for the new application, just link to it from the new project.  Then, any updates you make to the VI will impact both projects so you don't need to go to both VIs to make the fixes.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,486 Views)